Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Yay Area

I spent the weekend + 1 week day in good ol' san francisco. Fun times I tell ya!
This is my 3rd visit to the Bay, Gay, Yay area and everytime I've gone there, it always strikes me how everyone is soo hippie-ish. A bunch of good olk' happy hippies who don't own irons, take daily showers, own cars or even more than a certain amount of clothing but they seem happy! The simple simple life indeed.

As it is with my SF visits, I made sure to stop by the Goodwill store aka Salvation army and my o, my did I find some stuvvs? I wish I had pics. Infact I will take pics and post...
I found the most darling pair of tan Etienne Aigner shoes for $6
Lovely deep purple dress (needs a little alteration) for $7
Lovely mustard bomber for $6
A grey dress for $6
White sling bag for $2.75
And a multi-colored summery straw bag for $2.50

*Note: Do dryclean any items you buy for Goodwill, if you can.

Then I stopped by the forever 21 store and bought some darling shades for $5.99
Old Navy for a cute dress and gold flip flops--> $20 and some change in total

Not a lot of damage at all. :-)

Of course, shopping wasn't the only thing I did. I went to watch my friend and her bandmates play on the street and I raised money for the band in a hat.

I went for a house party on saturday night and I had a ton of fun! Too much fun...I think one of my favorite parts of the eve was winding down on the couch at 3a.m and having a totally meaningless convo with some random cutie. I can't even tell you what the heck we were talking about..it made no sense. lol

We wanted to go to a Hookah bar but plans changed.

We drove up to the homes on the hills (Or the mountains as my razz friend said)

We drove up to some random place, parked and walked up a little hill to look down on the beautiful city. Wonderful view!

I went to a dance rehearsal. That was loads of fun.

And all in all, I had a blast! Visit San Fran whenever you can...

Of course, we ran into the funniest gay dude. *2 snaps for the kids*..he was a TRIP!

Now, I am back to reality. Booo! But I do have a trip to Puerto Rico in June to look forward to. Matter of fact, I have launched my operation 'Get my beach bod by June 20' plan.

How was your weekend? :)

20 comments:

NaijaScorpio said...

Interesting stuff. SF sounds like fun.

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Haha, Ive never been to San Fransico! You obviously had a blast. You are quite the bargain shopper-props for that! You will Loveeeee Puerto Rico. Went to San Juan and it was amazing. Do take pics?
PS: How r u able to write with such humour on every single topic? Im pretty sure u have a gift...

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

And that was supposed to be a (!), not a (?) after pics. My laptop is on crack...

dat 1 okrika babe said...

Chei this woman sabi enjoy o. Jehovah when will it be my turn, i don tire for sufferin and smiling!

Madam, your post made me go online to find the nearest Goodwill store to my house; i'll hunt for bargain goodies this weekend!

All the best with operation beach body!

The Indecent One..... said...

lol...is this who i think it is? :D

Afrobabe said...

wow...someone's been having a good time without us...

Original Mgbeke said...

@ Sting: Sure is. :)

@ NDQ: Ha Ha. I'm not that much of a grammar nazi na! Defn can't wait for PR..you had a blast ehn? I'll take pics.
And as per the humour, na God o. :D

@ Okirika babe: Like I tok before, na God. e no easy..I dey drink garri to compensate for all this over bubbling.

@ Indecent: Are who I think you are? lol

@ Afrobabe: I go carry una with me next time na. No vex o!

Flourishing Florida said...

@ dis particualr time, i so need a vac myself. u sound like u really had fun! hmmm. & e nefa finish sef. u get another one n june! am so jealous

ablackjamesbond said...

How was my weekend?

Definitely not as exciting as urs.

Slept, watched TV, slept some more.

Not bad really.

Ms Sula said...

I've always known that San Francisco was a fun place... As opposed to "poseur" LA... Need to update my travels and make the trekk down there...

O'Dee said...

You must av had fun.

Drs actually lots of good sturvs in em charity shops.

simplegal said...

Glad you had a blast in San Fran! Been there once and hope to be going again in July...Can't wait to get away from the 'Bama. I now know who to ask about the nicest places to visit there (not just the tourist spots).

Good luck with the beach body plan, and continue your enjoyment :)

soupasexy said...

this girl u always manage to crack me up. are u serious/ things are that cheap in SF, i was thinking they'd be more expensive.
good to know u r having fun.
goodluck in getting ur beach body too.

classybabe said...

I seriously envy your trip to Puerto-Rico,although i hate flying it's one of the places i would love to visit.
Good luck with the beach body programme :)

bArOquE said...

i love these kinds of weekends, used to have them alot (def not anywhere near SF), generally cruising south naija...did you have space in your bag for all the okirika you buy?

Flourishing Florida said...

registering my presence. shall b back 2 check if u've updated

LG said...

Babe, njoy ya self jare,norrin do u?
ehen , where dem pics, lol!!!

Chari said...

wow...u had fun...shit..Kai...wish I could hit oneof those Salvation Army goodwill stores soon...ma mouf is watering at the possibility..u r having fun and its paining me...

ablackjamesbond said...

Just checking on u.

Zena said...

sounds like you had a lot of fun, now I want to try a goodwill store.